Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just Set your Prejudices Aside for 15 Minutes and Watch

I eat meat. I eat chicken, veal, lamb, pork, cow and fish. I have no intention of becoming a vegetarian any time soon. That said, what do I do after watching a video like this? Yup, it's narrated by Alec Baldwin the big, scary, LIBERAL actor who should just act rather than try to force his political views on us good ol' God-fearing Midwestern folk. It also mentions the evil, ultra-liberal group PETA who is, in fact, so incredibly liberal they are incapable of speaking one truth. So with that, I would urge all of my fellow carnivores who consider themselves compassionate, and even more importantly claim to follow Jesus, who drop by my blog to watch this video. What you do with it is your business; I'm not sure how I'll respond, but I think it's important to be informed.

1 comment:

Heath Countryman said...

Ya, I agree that video is pretty sad. But I do not intend to stop eating meat either. So what are we left with? I guess we can work for reform in the industry, but at the end of the day they are all still dead.

I am a hunter and have had to deal with deer that I have shot who were not dead when I got to them. It certainly makes you want to be a better shot so they don't have to suffer. But I think if we choose to be carnivors we have to face the reality that animals are slaughtered to give us the cheeseburger we enjoy...

Thank you for the post.