Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's Done!

I am finally done with my research paper I have been working on for the past two weeks. We had to write a 7 page paper about anything we wanted, so I chose to do mine on something I was really interested in. The title of my paper is: Christianity and Politics: Three Current Perspectives in Light of Jesus, the Early Church and Rome. So yeah... it was a little longer than I expected. Last week when we needed to hand in our rough draft I had 6 and a half pages, I was half-way done, and it was in font 10... Needless to say, I did tons of revising and re-working. This was the hardest paper I have ever done, but I learned a lot about writing. The two biggest things I learned that much of the time you won't get to use some of your best material, and that outlining, structure and sticking to your outline are crucial.

I plan on posting this paper in chunks with commentary. I don't know if I'll post the whole thing, but I think it could generate interesting discussion. Until then...

3 comments:

Heath Countryman said...

lol... 7 pages is lightweight stuff! :)

chris o said...

yeah, i know, but when you have to cram a heavyweight topic into a lightweight paper, it turns into a heavyweight pain in the...

Heath Countryman said...

well, its always easier to do it that way than to try and stretch a 10 page paper into 15....